Open Access Policy
Open Access Policy of The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Research (TJOPAM)
This page provides information on Open Access Policy of The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Research (TJOPAM).
Legal restrictions and uncertainties surrounding scientific data are a barrier to efficient data sharing and reuse, and ultimately the pace of research. Copyright in particular is problematic for data. It is often unclear if data are protected by copyright, and the law differs greatly internationally.
Therefore, Open access is a best publication process and is quite different from the old traditional publishing methods in which the content was not easily accessible to readers. In Open Access publication process neither readers nor a reader’s institution are charged for access to articles or other resources. Users are free to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles for any non-commercial purpose without requiring a subscription to the journal in which these articles are published.
Our Open Data policy aims to clarify the legal (copyright) status of data published in The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Research (TJOPAM) and to maximize the potential for reuse of published science, such as data and text mining. The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Research (TJOPAM) follow open access policy and thus all articles published by The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Research (TJOPAM), unless otherwise especifically stated, are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License, CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. All of the TJOPAM articles are free to access immediately from the date of publication. There are no charge for any reader to download articles and reviews for their own scholarly use. The TJOPAM does not, therefore, operate either a Gold or Green model of open access, but is free to all at any time and in perpetuity. Users are allowed to use published material by TJOPAM for any non-commercial purpose without further permission or fees being required, provided that appropriate credit is given.
In the following, we provide the licenses’ summaries as they can be found on the Creative Commons website.
The Creative Commons Attribution License, CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 provides the following summary (where ‘you’ equals ‘the user’):
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution (BY)— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Non Commercial (NC)— You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No Derivatives (ND)— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.